Thursday, November 18, 2010

Entry level Irons


So Free Discount Golf, I used to play golf when I was a young lad Free Golf Sale, but what started off as Oh Used Golf, we'll have a hit while we're in Nelson Bay it'll be fun has turned into a new hobby. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I do.Anyway, on the second game I bought a crappy old set of clubs from Cash Converters (for $19 or so) and I'm in the process of upgrading them. So far I've got a driver I like, a putter, a hybrid 3 iron and some fairway woods on order, and I'm now looking at iron sets.The question is, I've got a budget of around $200 or so for a set, is it worth upgrading to some entry level Irons? I guess I could stick with my ancient ones (they're Barons', and the only google match was for vintage clubs) until I can afford something a bit better, but I'd really prefer to get something now while I'm keen.There seem to be some good deals on a Wilson 1200 Iron set (going for $200), or a Ram Demon R4 ($150), but I couldn't find any reviews on the latter. The former is poorly reviewed here, but gets pretty decent feedback on some other sites, what do people think?My game at the moment is pretty awful, I hit between a 115 and 135 I'm not expecting to suddenly hit under 100 with some new clubs, but will upgrading make it easier?You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. The Man with no name

No comments:

Post a Comment